Thursday, June 23, 2011

Follow-Up & Upcoming Events

Ça fait un moment que je mets à jour ce blog! (It's been a while since I've updated the blog)

The past week and a half has been a great time of follow-up, English practice groups and some translation work.... all mixed in with enjoying day-to-day life with the Rasch family.

Matt and I have had the pleasure of following up with a couple of people who responded to the Gospel while the team was here, and we have started going through Every Nation's One 2 One discipleship book with them. On Tuesday, I started a preliminary translation of the book into French. I am thankful to have been afforded the opportunity, and I am excited to be part of making foundational Biblical truths available in French. Once I'm done with my translation, it will go through various people (including native speakers) until it finally arrives at a completed version.

Also, we have organized thus far two English conversation practice groups in Cours Julien (the artsy district). A lot of the young people we've met here are hungry to improve their English, as many have aspirations to travel to America. These conversation groups have opened up many opportunities for friendship to grow and thrive, and it is a blessing to be able to get to know each other. Matt will continue to spearhead this initiative throughout the summer.

On Saturday, we have the Gospel Festival in Allauch. The pastor of Ésaïe 55 organizes this gospel music festival each year and publicizes it in Allauch and Marseille. Several international groups will be performing, and we have invited all the friends we've made here. Most of tomorrow (Friday) will be spent helping to setup for the event. I look forward to what God is going to do through it! Please pray for a fruitful time Saturday evening.







As for day-to-day life... First, I've learned a lot about being a parent. The way Matt and Christy orchestrate life with 4 children really amazes me! I've gotten to know each of their little personalities somewhat... boy, do they have personality! :) It has been great training for my future family!



The two oldest girls took me to a field near the house where snails congregate on plants. It was definitely one of the strangest (and coolest) things I've seen. We also visited the cat family that lives nearby, with kittens to boot! We took them chicken one day and tuna the next.






During my runs, I get to enjoy the view from here. Each day I appreciate more the natural beauty that surrounds Marseille.



Finally, Tuesday evening was Fête de la Musique. It's a very unique time in France where across the nation the streets are filled with bands performing and crowds enjoying the music. All the performances are free, and they're everywhere! I went with a couple of friends to the beach and had a great time connecting and enjoying the sights and sounds. I happened to get a picture of the sunset just as things were really getting started for the Fête.


Thank you for your continued support and prayers. God has great plans for Marseille and I am amazed each day at the way He orchestrates situations. To Jesus be the glory!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could run there...praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Aaron! Definitely praying for all God is doing in Marseille through you all! Send my love to Matt & Christy! =)

    ReplyDelete