Thursday, May 26, 2011

L'arrivée!

Alas, I have arrived in Marseille!
Matt, Christy and their 4 kids met me at the airport once I arrived, and from there we drove through the city to their house in the 11ème arrondissement (La Valentine). I had some time to get my bearings, and then we sat down to a nice lunch on their lovely terrace. I couldn’t believe it was only lunchtime, as I had been traveling non-stop and without sleep since Tuesday morning. Needless to say, I resolved to keep my energy up until I could get back into a normal circadian rhythm. Bear in mind, Marseille is 6 hours ahead of EST.
After lunch., we left the house and came to Ésaïe 55, a Biblical literature distribution ministry in Allauch. Each Wednesday night, Jean-Luc (le directeur), drives a van around and picks up children of certain families to bring back for a couple hours of playing, singing and learning about Jesus. The children were full of energy and the time with them was such a blessing. Matt played the guitar and led worship songs, the lyrics of which were on posters that we would attach to a easel. Jean-Luc then spent a substantial amount of time teaching the kids about being disciples of Christ. He also talked about the different Old Testament feasts and how they were fulfilled in Jesus’ death & resurrection, ascension & at Pentecost. His love for the truth and his heart for the Lord radiated through his interaction with the kids. And it was all in French, so it was a great chance to get re-immersed. This is how I’m going to make up for missing Kids Club at church over the new few weeks. :)


There’s apartment-like lodging above the bookstore, and that’s where our team will be staying the second week. For these first few days before the team arrives, I’m staying there.
I’m blessed to be here - thank you for your support and prayers. God is faithful and He is going to accomplish the purposes for which He has sent us!

No comments:

Post a Comment