Wednesday, May 18, 2011

T-minus 6 days

The countdown has begun.

On Tuesday, May 24, I will board a flight in Atlanta and then make my way across the Atlantic to arrive in Marseille, France the following morning.

I'm going to Marseille as part of a Ten Days Missions trip through Every Nation Ministries. Our mission team consists of young people from Texas, Florida, North Carolina and Georgia. We are going to assist the on-site missionary, Matt Rasch, with community service and outreach, the ultimate goal being a church plant in Marseille. We will build relationships with the French people there, which will open doors to then share the Gospel (la Bonne Nouvelle). For more information on the work Matt is doing, you can check out Paragon Ministries.

God has expertly orchestrated this opportunity, and I am excited and expectant for what the Lord will accomplish during our time in France. I know that we will face many challenges in ministering to the people there, mainly because of the overwhelming influence of human secularism and atheism. But, I firmly believe that greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world! (1 John 4:4)

Marseille is in the south of France, so there is also a large Muslim population from northern Africa.

Please join me in praying that God will bless our time in Marseille. We are workers going into the harvest field and "the harvest is plentiful!" (Matt. 9:37-38). My prayer is that the Lord will work with us to confirm His Word with signs and wonders. (Mark 16:20) I am confident that God has divine appointments in order even now for each of the team members. May the seeds of truth fall on good soil!

I will be in France from May 24th until June 13th, and will periodically update this blog with information and photos from our activities.

Thank you for your support and prayers for this trip!

For Jesus' glory,
Aaron
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. Romans 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment